Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Klamath Basin Wildlife Refuge

My annual summer trip to Oregon was late this year and I hoped it would offer an opportunity to see the beginnings of the winter migration.  No such luck,  while I did make several stops, it was hot and the sky was smokey with very little water in the refuges.   (Now, beginning of Dec,  they are starting to post many pics on FB of the migration).



Too hot but still a nice walk around the Marsh Trail.  Saw this one bird (need to identify) and few water types.


At the Lower Klamath the viewing platforms were infested with wasps!  Even if there had been any birds I couldn't get near them!


The driving loop at Tule Lake will no doubt be wonderful in winter.  This bird blind is near the beginning before leaving the highway for the levee roads.


But oh the smoke!   These are mostly Mud Hens, ducks, and White Pelicans.


I left early, too disappointed as this is probably not an area I will visit in the middle of winter.







No comments:

Post a Comment